Funny, the unexpected, mediocrity, interesting, odd, and thankfully, "advanced search". The most recent post under "Education" was a real estate ad!
I had seen several of the School Library Learning 2.0 suggested titles before. My favorite is Web 2.0 ... The Machine is Us/ing Us, a great visual/message blend. Didn't connect with the pictures, but liked many of the statements in the Danish A Librarian's 2.0 Manifesto, especially "I will not be defensive". That's a personal challenge in a CA school library! Some do a better job with credits & Creative Commons than others. The related videos posted on YouTube can get you side-tracked quickly & quirkily (new word).
I chose The Library Rap to post because of its humor and positive attitude toward school libraries. And its length. Better ignore the X-rated posted comments. When I inserted the html, the displayed size was too big for the right column of the blog. May have to work on that.
School Library Instructional Connections (besides student-generated work): With 47 minute periods & teachers looking at their watches (they may tap their feet, too), I'd use short videos (under 2 minutes) in a classroom setting as an intro, to explain something in detail, or create a mood. Postings online could be longer.
Our evolving social media is predicated on visual & oral literacies. Public school curriculum forgets that when we consider electives as add-ons instead of integrating their learning across content areas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment